Ready for the Future of Image Editing – A Faster, More Powerful Experience
COPENHAGEN, December 1, 2016 – Phase One today released Capture One Pro 10, a major release of the world’s premiere raw conversion and image editing software. Designed to support wide ranging workflows of both professional and passionate photographers, Capture One Pro is known and trusted for rendering the finest image color and detail from more than 400 digital camera models. Now, based on customer feedback, Capture One Pro 10 puts superior user experience center stage – with interface improvements, under-the-hood tuning, and exciting new features that furnish the fastest, most reliable and most powerful performance yet.
What’s New with Capture One Pro 10:
- Enhanced User Experience. Faster browsing, zooming, panning, and ease in switching between images even at 100 percent view. Also, a new default workspace offers a more intuitive experience for new users, with examples for getting started.
- Greater control, with a three-step image sharpening process:
- A new lens tool option corrects lost sharpness caused by diffraction;
- User-defined creative sharpening (utilizing a new Halo Suppression slider and a new blending algorithm) allows the photographer the option to sharpen an entire image, or just various elements within it;
- User-defined output sharpening in the recipe tool. For print sharpening, users can also specify the distance from which the final output image should be viewed.
- On-screen proofing. An enhanced proof mode takes the guesswork out of the raw conversion process. From the viewer panel, users can now simulate the final size, resolution, color, compression artifacts and sharpening of images. This is especially useful for live assessment of files – particularly small files for the web and for optimizing image compression quality.
- A look into the future of image editing: Inspired by video grading processes, users can now access Capture One Pro directly through a Tangent panel system. This fully integrated panel is literally a new interface into image editing – for deep dive color and image adjustment –– allowing fast, multiple input commands simultaneously, while viewing the master monitor as the editor “feels” input into the application.
- A camera focus tool module for tethered cameras -- especially useful for product, still life, macro, and Cultural Heritage photography projects. “We have developed Capture One Pro 10 to greatly improve users’ experience so they can achieve the results they want much faster and with greater confidence,” said James Johnson, software product manager, Phase One. “Image adjustment options are now at a whole new level. We believe that with this release, we are delivering the most powerful, responsive, and user customizable image processor available.”
The Complete List of New Features:
- Three-step sharpening tools (see above)
- Output proofing (see above)
- New default and intuitive workspace (see above)
- Camera focus tool module for tethered cameras (see above)
- Tangent panel: full integration (see above)
- New filter option: search by orientation of images
- Optimization of Jpeg output for size/quality
- Move folders in catalogs
- Auto masking extended to any editable file type (including Xtrans)
- Improved compressed RAW and Fuji support
- Hardware acceleration – OpenCL is now enabled by default
- Stripe reduction LCC for 100MP • Optimized LCC creation
- Computer ID in license for activation management
- Apple script – new properties (Mac only)
New camera and lens support
New camera support includes: Olympus E-M1 mkll, Sony RX100M5 and Sony A6500
New lens profile support includes: Sony FE 70-200 mm, Sony F4 G OSS, and Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55 mm F1.8 ZA.
For a complete list of all the newly supported cameras and lenses, please view the Release Notes in the Documentation section at:
Availability and Pricing
A free 30-day free trial is available at www.phaseone.com/download
Owners of Capture One Pro 8 and 9 may upgrade for 99 USD or 99 EUR. For customers who have purchased Capture One Pro 9 since November 1, 2016, Phase One is offering a grace period, exempting them from the upgrade fee. Eligible customers can download their upgrade today at phaseone.com/download and reuse their license key.
New customers can purchase Capture One Pro 10 for 299 USD or 279 EUR. Capture One Pro is also available by subscription. Capture One Pro (8 and 9) subscribers can simply download the new Capture One Pro 10 release. A single-user subscription is 15 USD / 12 EUR per month for a 12-month plan. Please see all subscription options at www.phaseone.com/store.
About Phase One and Capture One
Capture One is the award-winning professional choice in image editing software. With native support for more than 500 camera models, Capture One software offers fast and powerful RAW conversion, image editing and asset management. Capture One features a highly responsive processing engine, unmatched color handling, precision-editing tools, and seamless tethered support.
Capture One is developed by Phase One A/S, the world’s leading manufacturer of medium format digital photography systems and imaging solutions for professional photographers, and cultural heritage and industrial solutions. Established in 1993, Phase One has pioneered the field of digital camera systems and imaging software, including multiple breakthroughs – from the world’s first 100MP camera systems to advanced imaging workflows in Capture One.
By controlling all aspects of the medium format camera system supply chain, Phase One is uniquely positioned to help photographers and imaging experts everywhere stand out from the competition and realize their creative visions without compromise.
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and with offices in New York, Tokyo, Cologne, Shanghai and Tel Aviv, Phase One is committed to delivering an unmatched level of service and support to every customer through this expert team of global partners.
Phase One and Capture One are registered trademarks of Phase One A/S. All other brand or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Learn more here:
Capture One at: www.captureone.com
Phase One at: www.phaseone.com
Facebook at: www.facebook.com/CaptureOnePro
Instagram at: www.instagram.com/CaptureOnePro
YouTube at: www.youtube.com/CaptureOneProDK
LinkedIn at: www.linkedin.com/company/capture-one